If you're going "Down Under" or somewhere south of the equator, then you want this compass in your dive bag. Your Northern Hemisphere Compass won't give you proper heading below the equator, it will read backwards! Oceanic's Southern Hemisphere Compass will solve that problem.
Many divers take compasses for granted, considering them just an accessory to an overall dive gauge console system. Trying to navigate with a poorly designed or improperly functioning compass can be one of diving's more frustrating events. The design team at Oceanic may have designed the best liquid filled compass available today with a list of features as functional and convenient as every instrument that bears the Oceanic name.
The SWIV is a dual-purpose compass. The convenient side scan window allows quick reference of large, easy-to-read bearing indicators on a luminescent display for gun-sight accuracy. Or, for divers who prefer relative navigation, the ratchet bezel can be rotated easily even with thick neoprene gloves.
The luminous dial of the SWIV is designed with a half black / half luminous graphic to make quick work of compass direction, especially in dim light. The dial rests on a precision jeweled bearing and incorporates extremely strong magnets for super quick response and accuracy. While the SWIV module itself is very compact, the housing has a large vertical interior allowing viewing angles that would stop other compasses in their tracks. The compass bezel has compass headings in 30° numbered increments and indicator marks for every 10°. Bezel has twin heading indicators for alignment of compass course, and a lubber line across the compass face.
- Oceanic SWIV Compass Module, Southern Hemisphere
- Reliable Underwater Navigation
- Large, Easy-to-Read Bearing Indicators
- Great in Limited Visibility
- Liquid Filled Compass
- Top and Side Reading Capabilities
- Side Reading for Gun-Sight Accuracy
- High Visibility Lubber Line
- Large Ratcheting Bezel with Direction and Reciprocal Index Points
- Luminescent Display
- Precision Jeweled Bearing
- Strong Magnets for Quick Response and Accuracy
- Compass Headings in 30° Numbered Increments
- Indicator Marks for Every 10°
- Twin Heading Indicators for Alignment of Compass Course