OverviewThe Katana 2 harness sets a new standard inside mount diving. Designed in collaboration with Edd Sorenson from Cave Adventurers, Hollis developed a unique new Quick Fit System which allows users to easily tailor the one-size-fits-all harness to their specific size or adjustment preference in a matter of minutes. Hollis added more lift, more weight capacity, single and dual bladder options and the best quality materials Hollis has always been known for. Katana 2 is also the first side-mount harness in the world to be designed with closed-circuit side mount capability, with integrated mounts for the popular KISS sidewinder. Katana 2 breaks away from traditional designs and offers more customization and versatility.
Depending on location, everyone's a little bit different about how they like to set their harness up. But at the end of the day, the coolest thing about the Katana 2 is that you can run it however you want. Technical divers love to modify and tweak depending on how they've been diving in the past, or how they were taught or how they teach their students The key benefit of the Katana 2 is that those people can make all of the adjustments and decisions for themselves. -Hollis Brand Manager Nick Hollis
QFS Quick Fit System offers fine-tuning of the torso height between small and large divers for a true one size fits all. The design allows for an H" or Y" style harness configuration, depending on user preference Lift capacity is 40 lbs. (18.14 kg) with innovative wing design to keep diver profile even lower than the competition and without the turtle shell effect which causes drag. The standard weight capacity 20 lbs. (9.1 kg), to offset added buoyancy in cold water with dry suits and thick undergarments. Two optional 5 lbs. (2.26 kg) weight trim pockets available.
Easy to reach attachment points for accessories on the side of the wing. Innovative top dump allows venting of gas without breaking trim or reaching behind the wing-like in other designs. Integrated side mounts CCR mount. Dual bladder option ideal for technical dives in a wetsuit. Add on the SMS Regulator kit preconfigured with all the necessary DCX 1st and 200LX 2ndstages, LP and HP hoses, two brass SPG's and regulator necklace (not included) see SKU: PCKDSMSRP2.
Reversible Inflators & Dump assemblies. Primary bungees integrated into to wing to pull tanks upward away from diver's torso and integrated retainers located to avoid overhead interference. The harness comes with multiple shoulders, waist and crotch strap stainless steel D-rings for rigging and accessory attachment. The harness is made from durable webbing and has a stainless-steel latch-style: waist strap buckle. The Katana 2 has a 1000-Denier Cordura nylon with a polyurethane lamination outer shell and dual 15mm urethane radio frequency (RF) welded seam internal bladders. Dual Hollis Gear Power Inflator Mechanisms are made from durable impact-resistant plastic with internal components and inlet quick-disconnect nipples made from chrome-plated brass. The inflators come with 3/8" threaded quick-disconnect inflator hoses for attachment to the first stage regulator. The SMS Katana comes with an owner's manual.
- Continues to Lead Side-Mount Revolution
- Latest Innovation in Line of Side-Mount Systems
- Engineered to Perform in Most Extreme Environments
- Designed in Collaboration w/Edd Sorenson from Cave Adventurers
- Sharpened the Katana into Fine Tuned Diving Weapon
- Curved & Slender Like Finest Traditional Japanese Sword
- Builds-On-Proven Katana SMS System Designs, Compacted & Streamlined
- Wing Lift: 40 lbs. (18.14 kg)
- Designed to Reduce Size & Weight for Travel
- 20 lbs. (9.1 kg) Weight Pockets
- Optional 5 lbs. (2.26 kg) Tim Pouches
- H or Y Harness: Design for Adjustability & Reversible Inflator & Dump Assembly
- Primary Bungees: Integrated-Into-Wing, Pulls Tanks Upward Away-from-Diver's Torso
- Integrated Retainers Located to Avoid Overhead Interference
- Multiple Shoulder, Waist & Crotch Strap Stainless Steel D-Rings
- D-Rings: For Rigging & Accessory Attachment
- Outer Shell: 1000-Denier Cordura Nylon w/Polyurethane Lamination
- Harness: Durable Webbing
- Dual Air Cell: Radio Frequency (RF) Welded Seam 15mm Urethane Internal Bladder
- Dual Bladder Ideal for Technical Dives-In-Wetsuit
- Stainless Steel Latch-Style: Waist Strap Buckle
- 2-Hollis Gear Power Inflator Mechanism
- Inflators: High-Quality Impact Resistant Plastic & Corrosion Resistant Chrome Plated Brass
- 3/8" Threaded Quick-Disconnect Inflator Hoses
- Owner's Manual