Many divers take compasses for granted, considering them just an accessory to an overall dive gauge console system. Trying to navigate with a poorly designed or improperly functioning compass can be one of diving's more frustrating events. The design team at Oceanic may have designed the best liquid filled compass available today with a list of features as functional and convenient as every instrument that bears the Oceanic name.
The SWIV is a dual-purpose compass. The convenient side scan window allows quick reference of large, easy-to-read bearing indicators on a luminescent display for gun-sight accuracy. Or, for divers who prefer relative navigation, the ratchet bezel can be rotated easily even with thick neoprene gloves.
The luminous dial of the SWIV is designed with a half black / half luminous graphic to make quick work of compass direction, especially in dim light. The dial rests on a precision jeweled bearing and incorporates extremely strong magnets for super quick response and accuracy. While the SWIV module itself is very compact, the housing has a large vertical interior allowing viewing angles that would stop other compasses in their tracks. The compass bezel has compass headings in 30° numbered increments and indicator marks for every 10°. Bezel has twin heading indicators for alignment of compass course, and a lubber line across the compass face. Compass comes with a durable rubber wrist boot.
- Oceanic SWIV Compass with Rubber Wrist Strap
- Reliable Underwater Navigation
- Large, Easy-to-Read Bearing Indicators
- Great in Limited Visibility
- Liquid Filled Compass
- Top and Side Reading Capabilities
- Side Reading for Gun-Sight Accuracy
- High Visibility Lubber Line
- Large Ratcheting Bezel with Direction and Reciprocal Index Points
- Luminescent Display
- Precision Jeweled Bearing
- Strong Magnets for Quick Response and Accuracy
- Compass Headings in 30° Numbered Increments
- Indicator Marks for Every 10°
- Twin Heading Indicators for Alignment of Compass Course