Now you can use your iPhone as both an underwater camera and dive computer!
The patent-pending Oceanic+ Dive Housing allows you to take great photos with automatic color-correction on your iPhone when diving or during any water adventure.
With the Oceanic+ app and Dive Housing, your iPhone also becomes a fully-functional dive computer.
One app, one subscription, two devices! With the Oceanic+ app, you can use the same subscription for both the Apple Watch Ultra and iPhone. This allows you to have two units sharing the same subscription to save you money. It also provides greater redundancy for diving with both the Apple Watch Ultra and iPhone with Oceanic+ Dive Housing. At the end of each dive, the primary computer will be selected for your dive data.
Product weight: 2.15 lb (975 g) / Product dimensions: 9.7″ W x 4.4″ H x 2.7″ D (24.6 cm W x 11.2 cm H x 6.9 cm D)
Operating temperature range: 39°F (4° C) – 95° F (35° C). Never exceed the minimum or maximum operating temperature of your iOS device.
What’s in the included Spares Kit?
- 5x Desiccant
- 1x Grease Pack
- 1x O-ring
- 1x O-ring tool
- 2x Rubber pads
- Photo and Video
- Dive Housing
- Dive Computer
- Camera in Depth
Photo and Video
- Advanced Photo and Video Features, Including Digital Color Correction Filters for the Best Images Possible: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has advanced features, including digital color correction filters that can help you capture high-quality images and videos under water.
- Camera Modes: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing allows you to capture underwater photos and videos using various modes such as photo, video, and smart mode with simultaneous video and photo capture.
- Pictures are Saved Directly to Your iPhone Photos App: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing saves all your photos and videos directly to your iPhone Photos app, making it easy to access and share them.
- Enhanced Pictures With Dive Data: You can view and share your photos with or without overlaying your dive profile.
- Share Photos and Profiles Through Social Networks: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing allows you to share your photos and profiles with others through social networks, such as Facebook or Instagram, using the Oceanic+ app.
- Works with Ultra-wide Lens Features on iPhones: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing is compatible with ultra-wide lens features on newer iPhones, which can help you capture a wider field of view underwater.
- Photos and Videos are automatically Added to Your Oceanic+ Logbook: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing allows you to add your photos and videos to your Oceanic+ logbook post-dive, providing a comprehensive record of your dives.
- Capture RAW and Compressed Media: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing allows professionals to record media files in both RAW and compressed formats, offering control and flexibility for post-dive analysis and editing.
- Step-by-step Instructions: Before and after each dive, an animated and written process guides you step-by-step to follow all instructions and actions. This innovative feature allows all users to follow the correct procedure each time they use this product.
- Automatic Vacuum Pump with Seal Check/Integrated Leak Detector: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has an automatic vacuum pump that creates a tight seal around your iPhone, helping to prevent water from entering the housing. The integrated leak detector alerts you if there is any moisture detected.
- Integrated Depth and Temperature Sensors: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has sensors that measure depth, pressure, and temperature, providing you with important information about your dive.
- Maximum Operating Depth 60 meters (196 feet): The Oceanic+ Dive Housing is designed to operate at depths of up to 60 meters (196 ft), allowing you to explore deeper underwater environments.
- Durable Material: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing is made of a tough and impact-resistant glass-fiber reinforced techno-polymer material that can withstand the rigors of underwater use.
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery via Included USB-C: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has a rechargeable lithium battery that can be charged using the included USB-C cable.
- Unique, Oceanic Design: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has a distinctive design making it an attractive accessory for scuba divers.
- Electronic Bluetooth® Interface: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing uses Bluetooth technology to connect with your iPhone and allows you to control its features and settings.
- User Interface Controlled by Directional Pad Controller: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has a directional pad controller that allows you to easily navigate through the user interface and access all the features.
- Ergonomic Over-molded Handle for Excellent Grip: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has an ergonomic handle made of two materials, providing you a comfortable and secure grip.
- Includes a Thermoformed Travel Box: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing comes with a travel box that is designed to protect it from scratches and other damage during transport.
- Compatible with iOS16 and Above: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing is compatible with newer iPhones that have iOS16 or above installed
- Standard Accessory Attachment for 1/4” – 20 UNC Thread (Right): The Oceanic+ Dive Housing has an industry-standard accessory attachment that allows you to attach other accessories, such as lights or tripods.
- Wrist Lanyard: Included with the Oceanic+ Dive Housing for added security in the water.
Oceanic+ Dive Housing is compatible with devices that run iOS 16 and newer, listed below:
|iPhone 15 Pro Max
|iPhone 12 Mini
|iPhone 15 Pro
|iPhone 13 Pro Max
|iPhone 11 Pro Max
|iPhone SE (3rd Generation)
|iPhone 15 Plus
|iPhone 13 Pro
|iPhone 11 Pro
|iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
|iPhone 14 Pro Max
|iPhone 13 Mini
|iPhone Xs Max
|iPhone 14 Pro
|iPhone 12 Pro Max
|iPhone 14 Plus
|iPhone 12 Pro
- Dive Computer Overlay Functions: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing runs the same dive computer app (Oceanic+) developed for the Apple Watch Ultra. Click here to review all Oceanic+ features. The UI on the iPhone allows you to collapse the dive data to the essentials when focusing on taking pictures or videos. New updates and functionalities are released on a regular basis, making Oceanic+ the last dive computer you’ll ever need.
- Enhanced Capabilities with the Oceanic+ App for iPhone: The Oceanic+ Dive Housing seamlessly integrates with the Oceanic+ app, unlocking comprehensive dive computer functionality while allowing you to effortlessly track and share your dive data with others.
- Dive Log Synchronization: The ability to synchronize your dive logs from iPhone to Apple Watch Ultra.
- Variometer (Ascent Rate): Track your detailed depth changes with our innovative variometer gauge; as your depth changes the wheel spins upward or downward with precise movements and color coding when you are ascending too fast, or too deep, and where to maintain decompression and safety stops.
- Depth: Your actual depth during the dive is displayed in feet or meters in a large, easy-to-read format. The maximum operational depth of the Oceanic+ Dive Housing is 60 meters (196 feet).
- Time: Elapsed dive time underwater for the specific dive
- Minute to Surface: Minute to surface considers ascent time with required decompression or safety stops, while maintaining an ascent rate within safe standards.
- No Decompression Time (TLBG): The tissue loading bar graph, or “TLBG”, is a visual representation of the no-deco time, which is the amount of time you can stay at a present depth before entering decompression. The Oceanic+ app will monitor your no decompression limit and O2 accumulation during a dive to calculate your remaining dive time.
- Safety Warnings: Safety warnings are customizable and displayed as visible and/or haptic notifications to the user during the dive for decompression stops, safety stops, ascent rates, and more.
- Safety Stop: A safety precaution after each dive is to pause for 3 minutes at 15 feet (5 meters) prior to the final ascent. This allows for the diver to release any residual nitrogen still in the body. Note the safety stop time could be longer depending on a variety of factors including no decompression time and ascent rate.
- Time To Surface: Displays the estimated time to reach the surface without exceeding the ascent speed of 32 ft per minute plus any decompression stop time if the diver has entered into decompression dive plus a safety stop of 3 minutes.
- Decompression Stops: Once a diver has exceeded the no decompression limit, mandatory decompression stops will be activated and will vary based on the depth and time spent at a particular depth. We recommend even with advanced training to always stay within your no-decompression limits. Your variometer will indicate the decompression ceiling along with a decompression time and countdown timer.
- Nitrox: Nitrox refers to any air (nitrogen/oxygen) mixture with more than 21% oxygen.
- Nitrox Ready up to 40%: This means this product is suitable for Nitrox gas mixes up to 40% oxygen.
- PPO2: Stands for the partial pressure of oxygen which is affected by your current depth or atmospheric pressure. It is important to note when changing the oxygen percentage in settings for Nitrox mixes, the MOD calculation appears which is the maximum allowable depth for the selected gas.
- Max Depth: Maximum depth reached during your current dive will be displayed.
- CNS + PPO2: CNS is an oxygen clock displayed in number of minutes remaining based on your PPO2 levels while PPO2 is partial pressure of oxygen at that point during the dive. Increases in PPO2 cause the CNS exposure time to decrease rapidly.
- Pre-dive Menu: This is a summary of your pre-dive settings which include your gas mixture (ex. Air 21%), maximum planned depth/time, altitude, and more. It is launched from the menu, the action button, or auto-launch. Pre-dive allows you to check the selected settings prior to the dive, and even update them through the crown and action button in shallow water.
- Compass: 3D Tilt-Compensated Compass can be accessed during the dive, including setting a dive heading.
- GPS Location: Adding to its unmatched convenience, the Oceanic+ logbook automatically tracks your start and end point through GPS and will autosave the session for future reference. No more forgetting to manually record each dive in your logbook, it’s done automatically.
- Total Dive Time: This is the total expected time underwater for your next dive
- Max Depth: This is the maximum planned depth for your next dive
- Gas Mix: The Oceanic+ app has the ability to manage multiple tanks during the same dive. Make sure you have the appropriate level of training for this type of activity.
- Conservatism: This option changes the conservatism level of your decompression algorithm. These are factors that could increase the possibility of decompression sickness. It is recommended that you choose the option based on your personal diving experience. If you are unsure, we recommend using the default or most conservative setting.
- Gradient Factors: The Oceanic+ app employs the unmodified Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm with gradient factors. Gradient factors are used to lower the maximum tolerated supersaturation in the tissues with respect to Bühlmann’s original values. This results in less nitrogen in the body at the end of the dive, which under normal circumstances makes the dive more conservative. Gradient factors are expressed in pairs: the first value, also called GF low, represents the percentage of the original Bühlmann value that defines the beginning of the final ascent (relevant only in decompression dives); the second value, also called GF high, represents the percentage of the original Bühlmann value that defines the residual nitrogen at the surface at the end of a dive.
- Altitude (Auto): The Oceanic+ app can be adjusted for diving at different altitudes. This setting automatically adjusts the decompression calculation according to the given altitude range. WARNING: Traveling to a higher elevation can temporarily cause a change in the equilibrium of dissolved nitrogen in the body. It is recommended that you acclimatize to the new altitude before diving.
- Surface Intervals: This is the time on the surface between dives.
- No Fly Time: No fly displays the time until flying is safe. The countdown starts immediately after a dive is made for 24 hours. No fly time is important prior to travel to ensure any residual nitrogen is removed from the diver. After each dive, the no-fly time will be calculated based on DAN no-fly time.
- Logbook: In addition to seeing the classic dive profile of your depth and time, you can activate an overlaid graph with temperature information, ascent rates, and no-deco time throughout the entire dive profile. Each dive log features the ability to add dive visibility, surface conditions, and currents.
- Gear Locker: In addition, the logbook features a gear locker that allows you to keep track of gear used, as well as how long it has been in service and scheduled service dates.
- Share Your Dive: Lastly, through the social component, connect with dive buddies, share logs with friends, rate your favorite dive spot, and save photos for each dive including the GPS location tag.
- Surface Mode: After surfacing, Oceanic+ immediately shows your last dive profile including depth, time, and other important information. This surface mode also shows the surface time, and the recommended no-fly time, along with the estimated maximum allowed elevation. After the no-fly time has elapsed, the surface platter disappears, and all dive data is stored in the logbook.
- Lifetime Stats: total number of dives; total time diving
- Seasonal Stats: Number of dives, time diving, max depth… weekly, monthly, and annually
- Stats By Activity: Dive, Snorkeling, Freediving
Camera in Depth
The Oceanic+ Dive Housing offers professionals the ability to capture media files in both RAW and compressed formats, ensuring optimal evaluation and control of images. This feature caters to the needs of experienced divers who require high-quality, unprocessed files for post-dive analysis and editing. By recording in RAW format, divers can retain all the original data captured by the camera sensor, enabling them to make precise adjustments and enhancements during the post-processing stage. Compressed formats, on the other hand, provide a convenient option for divers who prefer smaller file sizes without compromising overall image quality. With the Oceanic+ Dive Housing, divers have the flexibility to choose between these formats, empowering them to achieve their desired visual outcomes.
The Oceanic+ Dive Housing incorporates white point correction technology, which automatically adjusts based on the depth of the dive. This innovative feature enhances image accuracy by accounting for the varying color temperature and light conditions experienced underwater. The Oceanic+ Dive Housing offers multiple presets that cater to different diving depths, ensuring accurate color representation throughout the dive. By applying depth-dependent white point correction, divers can achieve optimal image recording to facilitate post-dive correction algorithms. This capability results in improved image quality and color fidelity, enabling divers to capture and preserve the true essence of their underwater experiences.