This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Do you want to make a difference on every dive but are not sure where to begin? Gain the knowledge and skills to activate your inner citizen scientist by taking the Dive Against Debris Specialty. You'll learn to complete Dive Against Debris surveys under the guidance of a PADI Instructor and help keep your local dive sites healthier by removing trash.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
- About marine debris, the damage is done, what it is, where it comes from, and how divers are part of the solution.
- How to establish a Dive Against Debris survey, the survey frequency, sites, profiles, and equipment. Also the use of photography and knowing what to leave behind.
- How to make your survey count. The five easy steps to report the debris you've removed to maximize each survey's benefits.
- How to join the global AWARE movement of scuba divers protecting our ocean planet.
During your one open water dive, you will conduct a Dive Against Debris survey, including weighing, sorting, recording, disposing, and reporting your marine debris to the PADI AWARE Foundation.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about gear and how to collect and keep safe.
3. 2x Open Water dives cleaning up our oceans and completing the survey and data entry
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 2x tanks for the two open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 2x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.