This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
DPVs offer a thrilling way for scuba divers to see a lot of underwater territory in a short amount of time. They scoot you through the water allowing you to glide over reefs, buzz around a large wreck or weave through a kelp forest. Whether making a shore or boat dive, a DPV is a great way to see more and have fun doing it.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)Course cost
- Maintaining your DPV.
- How to plan dives, including procedures for staying with your buddy.
- DPV-handling skills, such as making proper descents and ascents.
- Potential problems and ways to deal with them.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about gear and DPV setups
3. 2x Open Water dives going over skills and techniques using a DPV
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 2x tanks for the two open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate. If you have your own DPV unit this needs to be checked before by the instructor. If you are hiring please make sure this is organised before the course.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 2x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at email@example.com.