This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Unlike wetsuits, drysuits are filled with air. During your drysuit course, your instructor will teach you how to control the air in your drysuit along with your buoyancy.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 10 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
- Avoid common drysuit diving problems
- Choose a drysuit and undergarments
- Care for your drysuit
The course is divided into 4 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about your drysuit and what you will require before the water sessions
3. 1x Confined Water Pool session to work on skills and get comfortable before heading to do the open water sections.
4. 2x Open Water dives going over skills and techniques you learned in the pool and working on buoyancy and safety skills in the ocean
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 3x tanks for the one confined and two open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate. A drysuit would recommend being your own as this is fitted for your body shape. You can hire but this must be organised before the day of the course.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 2x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.