This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Working divers, such as public safety divers, use full face masks because they protect the eyes and nose from contaminants in the water, provide comfort in cold water, and allow for communication. If you're interested in public safety diving, scientific diving, or venturing into extremely cold water, then learning to dive with a full face mask is definitely for you. Because full face masks allow you to breathe from your nose, they are also beneficial for those who have difficulty using standard scuba masks. Diving with a full face mask offers a different experience and that alone may be a reason to give it a try.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
There are several different types of full face masks, so you begin learning about varying mask features and components. Next, you learn techniques for preparing and diving with a full face mask as well as proper maintenance. During a confined water dive, you get comfortable using your mask and practice skills in preparation for your open water dives. In open water, during two dives, you'll demonstrate your ability to:
- Properly prepare and check your mask for the dive.
- Make adjustments underwater and clear water out of the mask.
- Respond to simulated out-of-gas emergency situations.
The course is divided into 4 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about gear and the full face masks
3. 1x Confined Water pool session to learn how to use the mask and safety skills
4. 2x Open Water dives going over skills and techniques learned in the pool
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 3x tanks for the one confined and two open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate. You can hire the masks but we would recommend you purchase your own due to the setup and fit. If hiring please organise this before the course time.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 1x confined water dive, and 2x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.