This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you've been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you've wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
Scuba diving at night teaches you to pay attention to details you may overlook during the day. You'll learn:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting, and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behaviour at night.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manual
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about gear
3. 4 x Open Water dives going over skills and techniques to learn to safely enjoy dives at night.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 4x tanks for the four open water dives over two nights. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, (excludes mask, snorkel, fins & boots) this includes 4x tank hire, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. You’ll also need a primary dive light and want to have a backup light too, Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 4x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
How do I book?
To book a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
- Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.