This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats, or even while scuba diving. If you've ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large, or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI Junior Open Water Diver with a PADI Underwater Navigation or Junior Advanced Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete E-Learning Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about the gear required to do a search and recovery dive
3. 4x Open Water dives going over skills and techniques to locate and lift objects from the open water area.
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 4x tanks for the four open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100 per day, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate. All other items will be supplied by us unless you would like to purchase them.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 4x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.