This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Love sharks? Scared of sharks? Or do you just want to know more about them? Enroll in an AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty course and discover the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies. You'll learn more about the causes of declining shark populations and the actions you can take to become a knowledgeable and passionate shark defender. By being informed, you can dispel misconceptions and act to protect sharks. Sharks need you!.
PADI Junior Openwater Diver or equivalent
Minimum 12 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete PADI Aware Shark Conservation Manuels
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about sharks and the environments
3. 2x Open Water dives looking for sharks and observing the hazards with regards to shark decrease and sustainability.
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 2x tanks for the two open water dives. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, this includes 2x tank hire, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 2x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book on a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.