The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It's a great place to start because it's the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no-stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 meters.
PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification)
PADI Enriched Air Diver (at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18m)
PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30m
18 years or older
Minimum of 30 logged dives
Current Dive Medical signed by a physician (conducted within the previous 12 months)
- Technical diving's risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging, and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits, and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks, and out of gas situations
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete Tec 40 manual, worksheets, and handouts
2. Instructor-led classroom sessions going over your answers and take you through all the information required before the pool session.
3. 1x Confined Water Pool session covering skills and buoyancy
4. 3x Open Water dives
- Dive 1 - Skills circuit
- Dive 2 - info to go here
- Dive 3 - info to go here
What do I need?
info to go here
info to go here
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at email@example.com.