This can be used to becoming a PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes, and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying on something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
PADI Adventure Diver (or qualifying certification)
15 years or older
Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. You'll also learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Read and complete Wreck Diver Speciality Manuel
2. Instructor will go over your answers and talk more about gear and what needs to be done throughout the course
3. 4x Open Water dives on a wreck
- Dive 1 - Observation of the wreck
- Dive 2 - Mapping & Hazard Identification
- Dive 3 - Reel deployment on the outside of the wreck
- Dive 4 - Reel deployment on the inside of the wreck
What do I need?
Personal dive gear (Full Kit) plus 4x tanks per day for the four open water dives per day. Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100 per day, this includes 2x tank hire, but for comfort, we recommend you have your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate.
Cost includes all training and reference materials, 4x open water dives with an Auckland Scuba Instructor.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving.
- We have regular dive trips throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learned to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have the best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
How do I book?
To book a course you can pay through iDive.co.nz. We will then contact you via email or call to confirm your details and process your course. We will confirm the dates for this course with you once we have confirmation.
Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date, a $200 rebooking fee applies.
Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions will be sent to you to sign and return via email. If you have any questions or would like a printout of these please feel free to contact us.
Course Student Numbers - Course will be run once there are enough divers to facilitate the training. All material can be done before diving is required. We will communicate with you regarding dates and times. If you need to know more please contact us at email@example.com.